Friday, November 14, 2008

Varner #5 on the way!

Wow! It is now November. Time flies! Can you believe that 2009 will be here in about 48 days! This year has flown by! Next year proves to be a good year. We Varner's have a lot to look forward to. We found out a few weeks ago that we are expecting baby #5 around June 1st. The boys say they want a girl. I am trying NOT to hope for one b/c last time I hoped and prayed for a girl, I got twin boys. Don't get me wrong, I love my twins but I don't want to have any kind of disappointments when I find out what it will be. Girl or Boy(s), I will love it very much. We are happy and excited to see our new family member.

Anyway, so, other than that exciting news, here is what happening to the rest of us individually.

Marcus(old): Is trying to find another job. He writes PT for a internet marketing company and he does this at home so it is fun to have him around.

Tami(6 months older): I'm pregnant. That's exciting enough.

Elijah(6): Is enjoying homeschool. He is on his way to memorizing all 50 state, their capitals, and tidbits of info on them. He is also doing well in math and is trying to get better at writing stories.

Samuel (4): Has started to read! It's funny, as soon as I introduced him to comic books, he picked it up right away! I think we got a future Marvel Comic writer/artist in our house.

Charles (2): He is still the quiet one in our family but has started to make strange growling noises to mimic superheros. It's actually kind of scary but strangely really adorable, too.

Clark (2, too): Is talking up a storm! (He took Charlies' share). He loves to talk to everyone and he is really into Thomas the Train. What ever question you ask him, the answer is always something about Thomas. "So, Clark, what do you want for lunch?" "Thomas the Train and his Friends." "Clark, do you want to go to the playground?" "Thomas the Train." I think you get the idea. I have to keep reminding myself that it's better than him being interested in WWF or something.

So, that is us. Not much more to add. Hopefully, I can remember to write more to keep those who might be interested in our family more updated.

To end, my friend gave me a really cool quote that I wanted to share with everyone:

“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Hope everyone has a great day!

5 comments:

BBC said...

CONGRATS TAMI! You are so ambitious! Good luck with the baby! I'm sure it'll turn out the way it should! Also, I really, really, loved that quote you shared. Thanks, it really does bring everything in perspective, doesn't it? Sis. Hinckley is such a great example.

Mel said...

long time no see! congrats on baby. we are so happy for you. hope all is well in varnerville.

Keeepin' Up With The Jones' said...

Tami, YEAH, I am soooooooooo happy for you guys, that is awesome!!!!! I want one more but we are going to wait tell sometime hopefully next year. I want a girl too, I think. Well, I sure love and miss you bunches, I hope Marcus finds a job soon, we are looking for a new job for Randy also. Much love, Crystal

Gray, Kamaile, Wehilani &amp Orrin Ronk said...

Congratulations you guys!! Much love the Ronk family.

Nava_jo said...

Babies for EVERYONE! This has been a year for babies. Just in my family alone, I'm pregnant, My sister, AND sister-in-law. Not to count four or five other cousins. I think if your pregnant right now your so "IN" :)

COngrats I can't wait for another baby Varner. :)