Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September 9, 2008






I haven't been really good at keeping up with my blog. My mom has finally drove me up the wall and so I am putting more pictures on this for her request. (OKAY MOOOOMMMM!!) Well, I guess it is good that I try and stay more updated with everyone else too.


Anyway, life is good with the Varners. Elijah and Sam like school. They have also started soccer. They are really good. Elijah has had a swollen lymph node on his neck for the last two weeks so he hasn't put in a big effort but is still really good. Sam is amazing! He just really knows how to work that ball! He got one of the goals and an assist at his last game and he is one of the youngest on his team (only 4)! I think all the other moms think I am silly when I come with my big signs, cheering for my boys but I don't care! They are my boys and I want them to know how much I love them .....even if it embarrasses them...hehehehe.


I am enjoying being at home with the twins. They need some much need one on two attention (as opposed to the one on four or five). I have been working on their alphabets and numbers and we go to the park a lot. With just the two, it is easier to keep up with my walking routine. Oh, and I got called as the primary chorister. I am excited to work with the kids. But I know that it will be exchausting.


Marcus is still working with Challenger school's Marketing but he isn't liking it very much so we are looking for other opportunities. Hopefully we can stay in Utah with all of Marcus' cousins but we will go where ever we need to go (even the east coast if it needs be......don't get too excited mom! We're not sure yet).


On more political issues, I was really excited about Barack Obama after the whole Demo's National Convention. I just thought he was the one I was going to vote for! THEN, I listen to Sarah Pallin. MAN, she ROCKS! Maybe because I am a soccer mom and can relate to the whole pitbull/lipstick joke! I don't know! But mostly, I was really impressed with how down to earth she was. I have to admit, I thought John McCain was crazy when he first picked her but then after listening to her speak, I was thoroughly impressed. She knows what she is talking about regarding political issues and boy, she is not afraid to do the right thing regardless of what other people think. THAT is my kinda of women! I totally admire her tenacity and guts. It is not easy to make a difference in a world like today but I can see someone like her making the 'change' better than Obama. Intelligent and couragous women like her prove to the world that the love of a good mother and wife can make more of a difference in this world then anything else. No doubt, she will make the decisions she feels will help families in this nation. I think by picking her McCain showed that he, too, isn't afriad to make decisions that other people might not agree with but will make a positive difference in the long run.


Whatever your opinion might be, I sure hope everyone makes an effort to go out and vote this November. Definetly, it will make a big difference either way we vote but we should all make an effort.


Here are some pictures for my mom and for anyone else curious to know what we look like nowadays.

Have a great day, everyone!

Tami

4 comments:

BBC said...

i'm glad you posted something! congrats to marcus for graduating!

Nava_jo said...

Tami, I agree with your Mom. More pics :). It is so fun to see how the kids are growing up. Your boys are so handsome. Congrats to Marcus for graduating!! That's awesome. Also, Mrs. Palin does seem like a breath of fresh hair huh.

Mar and Koki said...

Okay, so I hope you all don't move to the east coast. Who is going to coordinate our camping trips ;)

I love that you take signs to the boys games. What a great mom.

Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is really the one and ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years longer and weigh 19 kilos less than we do.

(By the way, it is not related to genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING to related to "how" they eat.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

CLICK on this link to discover if this easy quiz can help you release your true weight loss potential